Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Luke 12: 13 – 21 Modern American Version


Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Friend, who set me to be judge or arbitrator over you? Get a job and earn your own money.” And he said to them, “Take care! Be prepared for all kinds of greed; for there are many who will exploit class warfare to take your abundant possessions from you.”

Then he told them a parable: The land and investments of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, “What shall I do, for I have no place to store all my crops?” Then he said, “I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones in off-shore tax shelters, and there I will store all my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods, enough to live comfortably for many, many years. Relax. Consume. Eat, drink, and be merry.” But God said to him, “You fool! You failed to consider the estate tax, and tonight your life is demanded of you.  And all the wealth that you have accumulated, whose will it be? The federal government! So it is with those who store up treasures without the advice of a good tax lawyer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails