Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dealing with Disagreement in the Ranks: What Does it Matter?


One of my more frequent and vocal critics in recent days has objected to my series of posts concerning various Biblical methods for dealing with disagreement within the ranks. I really don’t understand it, but he insists upon seeing my attempt to foster unity (in spite of disagreements) as an attempt to “serve as a wedge in the ranks of the [Salvation] Army…to divide and conquered [sic] territory with clever craftsmanship of words...” He has called me divisive, he has questioned my salvation; he has even called me a “false officer.”

So perhaps he will find this next biblical approach to disagreement to be especially suited to him.

In his letter to the church at Philippi, the apostle Paul wrote, “It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice!” – Philippians 1: 15 – 18

If my detractor were correct (and I would insist that he is not, not at all, not even close), even IF he were correct in his assessment of me, he could still rejoice that Christ is being preached.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails