Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

More Anomalies A – Z: To an Unknown God


“Hear, Lord, whoever thou art…” Homer Odyssey V. 455

To which of the multiplied gods
shall I bring this petition?
To whom should I present my claim?
Which of you bastards has taken my life?

I watched through the uncanny night
as my sheep, which are my livelihood,
flung themselves over and again
headfirst into the rocky cliffs
until their skulls were smashed.

They died in pools of blood
and pulps of brain.



This is my third pass through the alphabet with these Anomalies.  If you'd like to read more of them follow the link.

Earlier this year thousands of sheep in Australia were killed - in  a suicidal frenzy - after consuming a plant known as Darling Pea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails