Pages

google analytics

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Not (Always) a Slacker

I'm spending the weekend with my 15 year old daughter and a bunch of other teenagers and young adults from Salvation Army corps in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota.  It's one of those youth rallies - with loud music (if it's too loud, you're too old...), motivational speakers (pretending to to be bible preachers) and those inflatable amusement games.

And service.

The teens and young adults gathered here in Norfolk, NE spent this afternoon doing various service projects for the community.  My group of kids took care of the yard of an elderly woman who has difficulty getting around these days.  We raked the yard, pulled weeds from the garden, trimmed the bushes, planted flowers...

Earlier my daughter said to me, "I'm only a slacker when I don't care."   But I know she does. She's not (always) a slacker.

Emma photo IMG_9659_zpsc24595bc.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails