Pages

google analytics

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Of the Reading of Books There Is No End

Qoheleth had it right:  "Of making many books there is no end..."  And there's no way to read them all.  My list of books to read only ever grows, no matter how many titles I check off, there are three more, five more, ten more to replace it.

Currently I am reading - The Historical Figure of Jesus - by E. P. Sanders

But waiting for me in my ever expanding stack are:

The Phenomenon of Man - by Teilhard de Chardin
The Apocalyptic Jesus: A Debate - edited by Robert J. Miller
The White Lioness - by Henning Mankell (the 3rd in his series of Kurt Wallander Mysteries)
Christianity in Action: The International HIstory of The Salvation Army- by Henry Gariepy
and - just arrived in the mail yesterday -
Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World - by Rene Girard


and all this, of course, conveniently ignores the fact that I still am bogged down in my friend Joel Watts' book -Mimetic Criticism and the Gospel of Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails