Pages

google analytics

Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Am the Captain of Shoelaces and Strings


I am the Captain of shoelaces and strings;
I live inside your Xerox machine,
I have been given the golden key
that unlocks the spaces between things.

Below me, a river of fresh water
above me  an empty sky,
I used to mean something,
now I’m just mean.


Board up the windows and lock all the doors
I’m buying and selling the winds
and everything is going to change.
You can read about it when I’m done.

**

A word of explanation, though it will explain very little.

A few days ago I had a gentleman in my office who told me that I am "the Captain of shoelaces and strings."  I don't know what he intended with this remark, but I take it as a compliment.  Also, a few years ago after I had finished preaching a sermon and was standing at the back of the chapel as people left, a woman who was visiting our church that day took my hand and stared into my eyes and said, "God told me to let you know that you have been given the golden key."  She left and I never saw her again.  I still don't know what my key unlocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails