Pages

google analytics

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Sermon Reruns

It was another summer sermon rerun this week.  I was at camp all week, teaching orienteering and trying to prevent teenage boys from hurting themselves or others and had no time for sermon preparation.

Fortunately, I have a few saved back from the years that I've been preaching and I can, when the need arises, pull up one that I have used before.  This week I called up one of my favorites: With Wild Abandon based on the parable of the Sower

Mark's version of this parable isn't used in the lectionary;' Matthew's version is.  And in the lectionary it is coupled with Psalm 65 which, fittingly, includes a description of God's agricultural care for the earth.

And vs 12,

"The grasslands of the wilderness overflow;
the hills are clothed with gladness."

led me to sing Leonard Cohen's song, "If It Be Your Will" as preliminary music.

From this broken hill
All your praises they shall ring
If it be your will

To let me sing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails