Pages

google analytics

Monday, April 1, 2013

Lord of the Dance


Lord of the Dance 2 photo LordoftheDance2_zps94c847ca.jpg


I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back
They buried my body and they thought I'd gone
But I am the Dance and I still go on!

The words are from Sydney Carter’s hymn Lord of the Dance the picture is of Shiva the Nataraja or “Lord of the Dance.” In this familiar image Shiva, as the cosmic dancer within an arch of flames, dances to destroy a weary universe so that it can be remade in a new creation.

Creation begins anew in Christ’s resurrection.

Happy Pascha!

 photo LordoftheDance_zpse207384c.jpg

1 comment:

  1. The image, the explanation of the symbolism, and the hymn lyrics - all pulled together quite well! Interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails