Pages

google analytics

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Second Coming of Jonathan Edwards Bickle



This is the way it begins.
in the darkness
in the dark.
This is the film, and this is the beat.
This is the way it begins:

In the murky blackness of a life in bars -
avenging and spinning,
and listening to music in cars,
walkin’ the streets,
and dark alleyways
hailing my boys and making these beats.

I am the unstoppable force of God's lonely man.

I am the Cosmic Christ,
the ascended master.
the reigning champion
Prince of Chaos,
with a cowboy hat on my head
and shit-kicking steel-toed -

Boots for the tyrant
and a boot to your head,
I’m packing a Glock
that’s ready to go off
a .45 caliber of power
and glorious might to make
what I want and what I say right.

I am the decider.
I am the dealer.
I am the speedway driver in a hot four-wheeler.
A highway terror, a roadside monster,
a fuel injected beast from the depths of hell.

Jaded American culture faded to black,
this boot-strappin’ rugged individual
is smokin’ crack.
He’s a loaded smoking gun for hire
to them that’s got the cash

This is the film.
This is the way it begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails