Pages

google analytics

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sound Collage: March

This began as experiment - to make a non-musical sound collage that was pleasing to the ear. It's a found-sound-collage created with sounds I found at the Freesound Project using the "Random Sound" button.The "non-musical" aspect of the experiment fell out as I worked on it, but that's okay.

I wanted the "song" to sound random but also cohesive. You can tell me if I succeeded or not.




After burst of arcing electricity we're alone on a snow covered prairie. It's cold in the wind.  Dogs bark in the distance and a train rattles by.  We are falling asleep.  Our heads droop a little as we begin to doze.  Then suddenly we're awake again.  We blink in surprise a few times and discover that we're now  in an enormous train station. People walk past us without seeing us.  They have places to go, but we do not.  The sun sets and the lights fade.

Feel free to download this song if you like it.

I used the following sounds:

3 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice Jeff. I think you layered the sounds well, although you might want to compress the dynamics a little bit. It gets very loud sometimes. And thanks for using the copter/whistle sound, it's nice to see people making use of those strange sounds I made.
    Brian Gygi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    You've got an intriguing blog going here man.

    Thanks for the shout about using the guitar sound. Its great to hear being used in an interesting way.

    Timcam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tim. I hope you'll return again to this "intriguing blog." And thanks for your guitar sound. It is great.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails