Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Friend John

Tonight as we sat in our temporary office in the Incident Command buliding for the flood response, my friend John said something that caught me totally off-guard and sent me into a paroxysm of laughter.  I laughed harder tonight than ever before.  I laughed until there were tears in my eyes and I couldn't breathe. 

My friend John believes that William Shatner is God's gift to a fallen world, but I can forgive him this relatively minor heresy.

John and I can trade obscure movie quotes, but he usually wins.

I wish I could be half the man that John is... though I am almost literally, half the man he is.

(a sketch of my freind John, drawn tonight in Photoshop)

This song is also for my friend John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails