Pages

google analytics

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What I'm Reading: Historical Fiction

This, I think, will be a new reoccuring feature of this blog: What I'm Reading

Right now it's historical fiction.

I just finished Airman by Eoin Colfer (I guess I didn't actually read it.  I listened to it on CD during the long drive between here and Chicago and back.) We picked this one because my kids are big fans of Colfer's Artemis Fowl series.  It was in the kids section of our library, but don't let that fool you.  It's not simplistic or childish.  I really enjoyed it and am interested to see the forthcoming movie adaptation (even if it is Disney...)  Also, my daughter has informed me that Eoin Colfer was commissioned to write the sixth installment of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.  Eegads! Why does my 11 year old daughter know that before I do?  Have I been sleeping?  You can expect to see that book in this new feature before too long.

Also I am re-reading Stephen R. Lawhead's Byzantium  (actually re-rereading, I guess. I've read it a couple of times already) - the story of an Irish monk in the 10th century and his incredible and roundabout journey towards his destiny in the fabled city of Byzantium (later -Constantinople and later later-Istanbul).  Rich historical detail.  Exciting adventure. Exotic locations.  Deep Faith.  Good Stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails