Pages

google analytics

Saturday, August 14, 2010

County Fair Entry #2 - Woman in Yellow (new title coming soon...)

The Martin County Fair begins next week; it's the other Big Fair in Minnesota.  145 years of tradition all in one place.  Farm animals.  Hot greasy food.  Cold drinks.  The lights on the midway.  Can ya' stand it?

Yesterday I posted a photo of one of the paintings I'll be submitting to the fair competition. Here is another.  There will be four in total.... four paintings anyway.

Creatively titled "Woman in Yellow" (for now) is entry number two.  It's acrylic on canvas.  Simple.  None of yesterday's confusion about which category. 

I have four paintings that I'll submit.  And I have a couple of photoshop drawings that I'd like to enter as well.  BUT! Our ever-so-forward thinking county does not have a category for digital art.  Nothing in Fine Arts.  Nothing in Photography. 

Maybe I could put it in Class A - Fine Arts, Lot 8 Drawing - under "ink?"

Artists have been using computers to create art for 30 some years.  When does that get included in the 145 years of Martin Co. Fair tradition?

Click on the picture to see it full sized. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails