Pages

google analytics

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm a Lumberjack and a Rejected Author

I spent today playing at being a Lumberjack (the smell of fresh cut timber, the crash of mighty trees...)


I was part of the crew at Northwoods Camp getting the place ready for the kids who will fill the place all summer.




At days end I was covered in bark, and dirt, and pine sap. I smelled like sawdust, fresh cut pine, motor oil, and sweat. But it was a good day. A great day.

After showering and visiting with the family back at home, I checked my email and found a rejection letter from a magazine to which I had submitted a poem. They were not interested at this time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the rejection letter. as you described the smells though, save for the sweat, I grew more envious. All good and makes me want to fire up a chainsaw but we only have one tree and its tiny size would make a chainsaw tremendous overkill. Blessings on your time in the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails